Introduction of a Super Visa

Comment Here
Share some love with a comment

To offset the potential impacts of the pause, effective December 1, 2011, CIC is introducing a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, for foreign nationals seeking to visit their Canadian or permanent resident child or grandchild in Canada to apply for an extended stay of up to 24 months. Currently, visitors can usually stay for six months at a time. If they wish to stay longer, they must apply for an extension and pay new fees. With the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, eligible parents and grandparents will pay fewer fees and be able to enjoy the company of their families in Canada for a longer period of time without having to renew their status.

The Super Visa is a multiple entry visa, which will be valid for up to ten years. An applicant is eligible for a Super Visa if they meet certain criteria.

To apply for a Super Visa, you must submit an Application for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). You must verify with the responsible Canadian visa office if you need to fill out any additional forms or provide any additional documents.

If you are from a country whose citizens are visa exempt, you must submit anApplication for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) with no fees.

If you are already in Canada on a temporary resident status, you may apply for a two year extended stay by submitting an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor by mail to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta, along with the appropriate fees.

For more information, please visit CIC.GC.CA. In addition, many answers to questions are addressed in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section.


We Can Help You, If You Have Any Questions Call Us +1-877-841-4218