Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry.

FAQs Super Visa Insurance

Q.1 What makes the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa different from what is available now as a visitor visa?

Currently, visitors to Canada usually may only visit for six months at a time. Most visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension, and pay a new fee, every six months. With the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, eligible parents and grandparents will pay fewer fees and have some certainty that they will be able to enjoy the company of their families in Canada for a longer period of time.

CIC will be able to issue the visas, on average, within eight weeks of the application. This means that instead of waiting for eight years, a parent or a grandparent can come to Canada within eight weeks.

Q.2 What happens if I am from the United States, France, the United Kingdom or another country whose citizens are not required to have a visa to enter Canada? Am I still eligible for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa? What do I need to do to enjoy the Super Visa’s two-year authorized stay in Canada?

Yes, if you are from a http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp#exemptions , you are eligible for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. Simply:

Apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (no fee required) at a Canadian visa office; Undergo a medical examination; and
Provide the supporting documents required, including proof of your relationship to a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident and proof of their financial support during your stay in Canada.

You will also need proof that you have purchased Canadian medical insurance. If you have met all the criteria, you will be issued a letter which you will present to a Canada Border Services Agency officer at the port of entry when you arrive in Canada. The officer may authorize your visit to Canada for up to two years.

Q.3 Who is eligible for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa? What do they need to do to qualify for it?

Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents who have been found admissible to Canada and meet some other conditions are eligible for the Super Visa. Visa officers consider several factors before deciding if the person is admissible. This means they are a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of their visit. Among the things that could be considered are:

  • the person’s ties to the home country,
  • the purpose of the visit,
  • the person’s family and financial situation,
  • the overall economic and political stability of the home country, and
  • invitations from Canadian hosts.

In addition to being found admissible to Canada, the parent/grandparent must also:

  • provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold,
  • prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance for at least one year to cover the period of time that they will be in Canada, and complete an Immigration Medical Examination (IME).

Q.4 If I have a pre-existing condition, can I get coverge for that with visitors insurance?

It all depends on the pre-existing condition, and the terms and conditions of the policy. Some insurance companies offer plans that cover pre-existing conditions as long as they have been stable for a certain period of time (3 to 6 months) before departure from your home country. Sometimes, pre-existing conditions will not be covered. It is important to read your entire policy to make sure you are aware of the definitions affecting coverage, as well as the possible exclusions that may apply.

Only some of the available plans will cover pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart conditions, etc. Other policies, while they do cover stable pre-existing medical conditions, use strict eligibility questions to screen out applicants (for example, no coverage available if you use an ICD (pacemaker), oral steroids for lung conditions, diagnosis of stroke, blood clots, congestive heart failure heart murmur in past 12 months, etc.).

We Can Help You, If You Have Any Questions Call Us +1-877-841-4218